Labels

3 July 2015

Taming a Curly Mane

Hey guys!

I’ve had naturally curly hair all my life and if anything it’s gotten curlier as I’ve gotten older. As a child I hated my hair and always wished I had straight hair but that has changed since. So I thought I would share my tips on how I came to appreciate my unruly mop.





Embrace the Curl
My first and most important tip is to accept your natural curls. You can use all the miracle straightening products you want but at the end of the day you might as well work with what you have, many people would die for curly hair, you’re lucky so work it! (cringing at how cheesy that sounded) I know the main problem I had with my curly hair is that it is also really frizzy but it’s easier to control the frizz when it’s curly, trust me.

Keep it Long
Personally I love the short hair trend going on at the moment, it looks so cool on loads of people but I just know that it would not suit my hair at all. I actually got my hair trimmed recently enough but people are always telling me how long it is. I’ve noticed that the longer my hair is, the less frizzy it is. I think the weight of the hair pulls the curl down a bit, and helps eliminate frizz.

Brush as Little as Possible
This is kind of a weird tip cause I know you’re supposed to brush your hair every day but with my type of hair that just results in extreme frizz. Normally I only brush my hair after I wash it (with a wet brush, don’t worry) and before I do plaits. Yeah, it does get quite knotty but at least I can wear it down. Anyone with curly/frizzy hair will understand what I mean when I say it is a literal mane after bring brushed when it’s dry!

Products
I wasn’t really sure whether to put this in as a tip or not because I don’t know if I completely agree that products help. I’ve tried out so many things that claim to completely eliminate frizz and give me smooth, sleek hair, and most of them do nothing. However, there are a few things worth a purchase and also just because things don’t work for me doesn’t mean they won’t for you. I really like is the BedHead Control Freak and Revlon Uniqone. I’m not certain if you can get the Uniqone in pharmacies because I got it in a salon shop I work in but you can probably get it online somewhere!


Hope these tips helped somewhat!

Catriona xo

P.S I’d like to apologise for not posting in forever, it’s been over a month! I was Irish college for 3 weeks and I’ve spent the last week recovering and meeting up with friends. If you’re not from Ireland, then Irish college is a place where young Irish people go during the summer to improve their Irish. You spend 2/3 weeks in the house of an Irish speaking family in a Gaeltacht area, there were 12 other girls in my house too. Every day you go to classes in the morning and then have sports and activities in the afternoon. The one I attended was really strict and we weren’t allowed any phones or interaction with English OF ANY KIND. It was sorta tough but it was such a good experience, I made great new friends and my Irish improved tons. But yeah that’s why I haven’t posted in ages, it’s summer now though so lots of time to write, yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :) I read all of my comments but please no spam! xo