Labels

3 May 2015

Beauty Essentials (and products) for Spring

Hey guys!

So I know it’s technically summer now, but here in Ireland summer doesn’t really start until June. It’s currently raining outside so I didn’t really feel like it was very relevant to do a ‘beauty essentials for summer post’ yet! But anyway these are just a few things I tend to use in Spring and I've also mentioned some of my fave products I use to achieve the different looks...













 Left: Gosh Right:Rimmel                                          Top: Rimmel Bottom: Gosh                                                    
Starting with lips and I know I personally find it very difficult to give up the plums and deep reds of winter. A plus to living in a country where its winter 60% of the year is that I did manage to keep the dark lip up until March! But for spring I like to go for a natural or nudish lip colour. This Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight is a dark nude/slightly orange colour perfect for spring days. Another lipstick I like is the Gosh Velvet Touch in Darling. This is a very subtle colour, verging on being transparent but gives you a sort of “your lips but better” look.
For me, spring is all about looking fresh. I love the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory. I use this to conceal any dark circles or bags and to brighten my under eye area. It’s great for making you look a little bit more alive!

Spring is definitely when I start incorporating bronzer, highlighter and blush back into my routine. Although I use bronzer all year round I definitely contour more in spring, and especially in summer. I like to put bronzer under my cheekbone, jawline and into my temples. I then put a little bit of highlighter onto my cheekbones for a bit of glow. I’m not a huge fan of blush but I do like it for spring, again to look fresher. I usually just brush a bit onto the apples of my cheek. This Sleek Face Form palette in Fair is an amazing all-in-one product. I especially adore the bronzer in this palette as it’s matte and easy to contour with.
When it comes to eyes I’m all about bronze and golds. During the winter I generally stay away from anything bright or colourful so spring is the perfect time to bring a bit of colour into your routine. I got this No.7 eyeshadow trio in a giftset a few years ago. These 3 colours just scream spring to me!
Finally it’s nail varnishes and again I think spring is a time for colourful nails. Blues, greens and yellows are my ideal spring nail colours. This Barry M nail paint in Blue Moon is an old favourite of mine. You need a few coats but I love the result. Another great nail varnish is the Maybelline Colour Show in Electric Yellow. A darkish yellow that makes me think of sunshine, flowers and happiness!

Well, those are my top beauty essentials and fave products for spring. Hope you enjoyed this post and picked up some tips or discovered a new product. Until next time!


Catriona xo

P.S No idea why the font keeps changing, I've tried to fix it but it just stays the same!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :) I read all of my comments but please no spam! xo