Labels

9 August 2015

The Acne Struggles

Hey guys!

So along with the other many great things about being a teenager such as the mood swings, the body changes and generally turning into a woman/man, acne affects a lot of us. It’s definitely something that I’ve struggled with since I was about 11. It was never awful, I always had a few spots but I wouldn’t have called it full on acne until last summer when for some reason my skin thought it’d be fun to start breaking out even more.

Now I know it’s still not that bad. A lot of people tell me I don’t have bad skin at all but they normally see me when it’s covered up with makeup. However it’s definitely something I’m really self-conscious about. I think that you don’t know how much having spots can affect you unless you’ve actually experienced it yourself. Realistically I know that everybody’s probably too busy worrying about themselves to notice my bad skin but I’m always really aware of it.

It means that I don’t want to leave the house without makeup, I feel really self-conscious when swimming or running and I send half face snapchats and cover my spots with the chat bar. That’s such a thing a 21st century teen would say but I think a lot of people can relate! It annoys me that I care so much because I know that a lot of people do get spots and plenty of people have acne.

I’d love to know how much money I’ve spent on skincare items all claiming to do miracles but NONE OF THEM WORK. Yeah, I still clean my face and moisturise and stuff but there’s nothing to actually get rid of the spots. My mom is a doctor and she says it’s down to genes and stuff, not what you put on your face (so thanks parentals for the v good genes!) so basically I might just have to wait it out. Also I’ve tried several rounds of antibiotics and they make it a little better, but really  not a huge difference.


Something I’m trying now is giving up dairy. There’s people on both sides of this fence. Some say the hormones in milk are bad for humans and can cause you to break out, others say that it what you eat doesn’t make any difference. I’m trying it out anyway cause, well I might as well, I’m not going to lose anything (apart from spots hopefully).

I hope that this helped some of you who may be suffering with bad skin and spots. All I can say is we're in this together, spotty teens unite. Expect a post on my dairy free diet in the future!

Catriona xo

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find something that works for you! I have heard of positive things from people who went dairy free! x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I'll definitely do a post in a few weeks about whether or not it's working for me! x

      Delete
  3. Great post! beautiful blog! maybe we can follow each other?kiss 👄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes of course, I just followed you on Google+ and Blog lovin' :) xo

      Delete

Please comment below, I'd love to hear from you :) I read all of my comments but please no spam! xo